This document explains how to publish a file on our download center. If you're in a hurry, just be aware that publishing a file is a simple process: first upload a file using the button on the homepage. After the upload is complete, you should see a button next to the file you uploaded. Click it and follow the rest of the process to have your file published.
Step 1: upload a file
Begin by uploading the file to our servers. Uploading is done in one central place: the homepage.
So head over to the homepage, and click this button:
Select one or more files to upload and wait until the upload finishes.
Step 2: enter file informationAfter the file is uploaded, you should be seeing this button: right next to the filename. Note: if you don't see this button, it probably means the file type isn't authorized for publishing. Typically, allowed file types are: zip, rar, 7z, exe, .dmg and a bunch more. If you are unsure whether the format of your file is supported or not, just zip the file prior to uploading.
So, click the button and follow the steps.
- Step 1: checking for duplicates. Just try to see if the file you are publishing hasn't been posted already. We don't like dupes.
- Step 2: selecting a category. Browse through our category tree to find the right place for publishing your file. If you get this wrong, you can still move your file later on.
- Step 3: entering file details. You'll be asked for a description, screenshots and other details- some of which are optional.
Step 3: managing publicationsAfter your file has been published, you will find that it appears in your published files. This page allows you to manage all your publications. You are allowed to perform operations such as:
- Editing or renaming your file
- Deleting your file
- Moving your file to another category
- Merging your file with an existing file group