Open PS2 Loader (OPL) is an application designed to allow you to play your PS2 games from an Internal HDD, a connected USB device or a networked PC from either a PS2 console or a PS3 console that supports PS2 Backwards Compatibility. PS3 doesnt support Internal HDD for PS2 games.
You will need to use specialized software designed to install those games to your devices which you can backup right from your game discs or ISO's stored on your PC. Use the NavBar above to find information on formatting, game installation, compatibility and more.
Change log (0.9.2):
* Merged OPL/OPLGSM codebase
* GSM Core 0.36.R - don't worry; 0.38 will be coming back better than ever!
* GSM Core no longer supports 576p, 1080p, Skip FMVs - this is temporary.
* GSM Core is now IGR and CodeBreaker/PS2rd compatible! (See Note 1)
* GSM no longer included in Childproof builds.
* Unified Makefile builds from single source tree via "GSM=0/1" argument (ala VMC/No VMC)
* Protokernel support now part of PS2SDK toolchain
* The integrated LibFreeType was removed, upgraded, and moved into the PS2SDK
* Upgraded LIBPNG, ATAD, HDPro, and DEV9 Module Code
* Added power-off processing code for older games - they should power off console now.
* Optimzed CDVDMAN and CDVDFSV
* Support for PSX DESR-5x00 and 7x00 units
* Built-in TLB reinitialization mechanism - no more EECORE hooking and patching.
* Modified Mode 7 to "IOP Threading Hack"
* Replaced SMAP driver
* Modified SMSTCPIP
* Ported a version of ETH Mode types from doctorxyz's OPLGSM
* New "Show GSM on Main Menu" toggle in "Settings" (GSM Builds Only)
* New "GSM Settings" on Main Menu - easier navigation! (GSM Builds Only)
* Fixed issue with HDLSERV and GSM Settings not showing up immediately.
* Full Ethernet controls - can disable Auto-Negotiation and force a mode.
* Some things were are worded differently as less words carry more freight.
* Removed redundant UDMA modes - PS2 will never handle UDMA 5 and UDMA 6.
* Updated SMB support to give better error messages.
* Network error codes changed slightly - 300 for connection errors, 301 for logon errors, 302 for ECHO isalive
test failing, and 303 for share opening errors.
* Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (Gummi Fix)
* Baldar's Gate Series (HDD)
* Champions of Norrath (HDD)
* New Mode 7 fixes stuttering with games such as DDR and Pop'N Music (HDD ONLY!)
//**NOTE 1**// - //An IGR from OPLGSM to OPL (and vice versa) has produced BSODs in our initial tests. We're looking into this quirk. In the mean time, consider power-cycling the PS2 before switching between GSM and non-GSM builds, or populate your IGR Path specifically with a GSM-build - our tests show when GSM is enabled and still resident, an IGR directly to a GSM-build rarely produces the BSOD (likewise with Vanilla OPL IGR'ing directly to Vanilla OPL) ...//