Mac users get PwnageTool from the iPhone Dev Team, but Windows users... not so lucky. Introducing sn0wbreeze, an XPwn-based tool that makes custom IPSWs on Windows!
Rating & screenshots
Change log (v2.9.7):
This release supports:
- iOS 4.4.3, 4.4.4, 5.0.1, and 5.0.2 on the Apple TV 2G
- iOS 3.1.3 through 5.0.1, and iOS 5.1.1 on the other devices
- iOS 6.0 through 6.0.1 on the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4G.
(All firmwares are untethered, with the exception of 4.2.9, 4.2.10, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, and 6.0.1.)
Support for iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1 is added for limera1n-vulnerable devices. This version does have some known issues, however.
- Windows 8 users must install the .NET Framework 3.5.
- Baseband 06.15.00 iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0-4.2.1 restores.
- iPod touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
Screenshots from other versions